Join us on December 3-5, 2019 at the Westin Hotel in downtown Toronto for the 4th Annual Canada Protection Symposium (CPS).
Dr. Ed Schweitzer, President and Chief Technology Officer of SEL will give the Opening Keynote Address. Dr. Schweitzer is a pioneer in our industry and I’m sure he will provide an inspiring and insightful opening presentation. In addition, there will be more than 7 IEEE Fellows making presentations, including two past IEEE PES Presidents—John McDonald of GE and Damir Novosel of Quanta Technology.
Technical Agenda Highlights
- Opening Keynote Address from Dr. Edmund O. Schweitzer, III, founder and President of Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL)
- Update from NERC
- Managing the New Grid from Damir Novosel, President of Quanta Technologies
- Keynote Speaker: Andrew Spencer, Vice President Transmission and Stations, Hydro One
- History of IEC 61850: Past, Present, and Future
- Advances in Generator Protection
- Engineering a Cyber-Resilient Smart Grid
- ComEd’s Experiences Designing and Implementing IEC 61850
- Presentation from John McDonald on Asset Performance Management
- Lessons learned on a utility microgrid installation
For the agenda, list of speakers, and to register, please visit: omicronenergy.com/cps