There has been great public interest in the risks associated with Electric Magnetic Fields (EMFs).
Our member companies are investing billions of dollars in infrastructure to ensure Canadians are receiving safe, affordable and reliable electricity 24 / 7. As infrastructure is upgraded, a health-conscious and educated public are asking if old and new hydro equipment, from smart meters to transmission lines can affect their well-being.
Electric and Magnetic Fields (EMF) from electrical devices and power lines can cause weak electric currents to flow through the human body. But did you know that according to Health Canada, these currents are much smaller than those produced naturally by your own brain, nerves, and heart? The Canadian Electricity Association (CEA) closely monitors research related to EMF’s. We invite visitors to review the extensive research that has been done to investigate a link between EMF exposure and health effects.
- Electric and magnetic fields (EMF) from power lines
and Smart Meter Are there public health concerns?
- Scientific consensus on electric and magnetic fields (EMF)
from power lines and Smart Meter
- Electric and magnetic fields (EMF) 101
- Exposure guidelines for electric and magnetic fields (EMF)
- What forms the body of scientific research and what about links to diseases?
- Conclusions regarding electric and magnetic fields (EMF) exposure
- What are Canadian utilities doing to address concerns
relating to electric and magnetic fields (EMF)?