Service Desk Automation
Hydro Ottawa receives roughly 6,000 requests for service annually. The ability to access information and complete transactions “anywhere/anytime” is a baseline customer expectation. To advance the customer experience, Hydro Ottawa introduced Salesforce, a cloud-based Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution for Service Desk activity.
Integrating Salesforce required innovation and creativity. It involved the replacement of a “home-grown” legacy system, fully integrated with existing business applications. The transition could not impact customers or day-to-day operations and had to be future proof for anticipated enhancements.
With the introduction of Salesforce, Hydro Ottawa achieved a “first” in elevating the experience for its customers. Research indicates that most utilities still rely on telephones to initiate a service request.
The qualitative benefits of implementation include:
- Simplified online service request forms
- Integration of Google address autocomplete cross referenced with the Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Customer and contractor authentication to eliminate data entry of tombstone information
- Workflow implementation with key milestone communications such as receipt of payment
- Migration of service layout quotations into Salesforce facilitating 360-degree view of customer
- Case management and skills routing to engage the right people at the right time
- Management of requests entirely within Salesforce for improved visibility and cycle time
- Out-of-the-box (OOTB) mobile application to manage and respond to requests after hours
- Implementation of `Voice of the Customer’ (VOC) survey at the end of a job
- Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) embedded into process for easy tracking and measurement
- Foundation for new processes such as vault maintenance and forestry services
In addition to its many qualitative benefits the new system will deliver ROI in less than two years.